Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fun Furlough Fridays

Due to the government sequestration, I am now furloughed every Friday starting 12 July to 30 September.  Not my idea of a good thing to have my pay cut by 20% during these 2.5 months, but I've decided to make the best of these furlough days.  I've renamed them Fun Furlough Fridays and I'm bound and determined to make them fun days with the family.  I'm so looking forward to each one. . . the next one will be fabulous, then we haven't gotten the 26th planned yet, but soon and are very much looking forward to the 3rd as well.  Hmm, so much to do and so little time, I don't think I'll want to lose the Fun Furlough Friday's after September!

On Friday the 12th, we invited Fantasia, Mercedes and Justice to go to This is the Place Heritage Park with us.  It was raining really hard that morning, so I was so concerned that we were going to have to cancel, but the rain cleared just in time.  There was cloud cover, so the day was nice and cool, so that we could enjoy the park without sweating ourselves into a puddle.  I was a little disappointed however, that due to the rain, they didn't want the ponies out, so we didn't get a pony ride, which Tayton had been asking for all morning long.  It was so nice to get together with these girls and get to now them better.  They are all so beautiful and I loved seeing all the similarities in all the kids.  They were all so courteous, gracious and fun to be with.   Fantasia is wise beyond her years.  She act like such an adult and watches out for all the other kids.  She's mild mannered and has a smile that can turn any bad day into a fabulous day.  Mercedes is a little quiet, but so cute and easy going.  She also mothered Noah and Tayton and I loved watching her help both the kids throughout the entire day.  She was even ever so patient with me when I blamed her for singing, when it was actually Justice.  Justice is the wild child.  She and Noah were little trouble makers, in a good way. . . they growled and laughed at each other all the way home and she played peek a boo with Tayton to keep her entertained.  She kept singing some song about McDonald's, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Pizza Hut.  Not sure about this one, but it stuck in my head the rest of the day.  The kids has so much fun and wanted to know when we could play with them again. . . . soon I hope!
 










Jon made it home from his Green River trip just in time for us to head out the door to our play at the Beverly Plaza Playhouse in Ogden.  It's been very interesting how Jon's been able to make it home for some of our scheduled family activities.  I know it won't always be this way, but it's been nice to have him for the ones he is home for.

On Saturday, we enjoyed a birthday party with the neighbors.  The kids look forward to these activities so much, so for hours on Saturday morning, they kept asking if it was time to go.  They even got me so worked up that I walked out the door to walk over to the party at 10:30 a.m. when the party didn't start until 11. . . so I had to walk back inside and keep them busy for another 30 minutes before we could go over.

After the party, Jon and I took them to see Epic, a cute animated film at the theater. Very cute show, however, I didn't get to see some of it due to the 2 potty breaks and the 2 runs for popcorn in the middle.  I felt bad for the guy in front of us that we kept bumping throughout the movie every time we'd get up, but it was still fun.

Earlier in the week, we attended our first Discovery Time at the Roy Library.  It ways a lot of fun and the kids really enjoyed it.  We'd like to attend these as often as we can when Jon is home since it's a great excuse to go to the library and to interact with other kids as well.  The theme this time was all about summer, so they made paper plate suns and blew lots and lots of bubbles.  I can't wait. . . the Weber Co Library Bond passed, so they will now start to build and much bigger and better Roy City Library.  They need it, this one is small and old, so we'll continue to be a patron here and at the new one.




Jon has enjoyed some time at home with the kids in the week this week. . . they enjoyed running errands, playing party in the toy room, and having picnics in the back yard.  


We are also excited to report that our landscaping project is FINALLY complete!  Wow!  It's only taken us 2 years, 2 landscapers, a small claims judgement and 2 full summer months of actual work to complete the project.  Sad to say, when we look at it now, it doesn't look like much, but we really love it and are so glad to have it all done.  I can't seem to find my before pictures here on my computer, so I'll have to post the comparison of those later, but here's the finished product.  



The kids enjoy using the planter boxes as a large sand/dirt box until we get vegetables planted




Best quotes of the week:
Noah:  "Is toilet a bad word?"  Mom, "No."  Noah:  Is dinner a bad word."  Mom:  "No"  Noah:  "Is Damn It a bad word?"  Mom, "Yes, we don't say that!"  Noah, "Dad taught me to say Damn It." Tayton: "Damn It, Damn It, Damn It."  Wow, it's not going well at our house and needless to say, Daddy is in TROUBLE!!

Noah:  "Mom, you're fired from being the Mom!"  Sometimes I really wish I could and should be fired as the Mom.

Tayton:  Stomping her feet at Jon and saying, "No, come RIGHT HERE!" as she points and wants him to catch her as she jumps off the diving board. She is VERY demanding, but cute!

Noah:  "This will be fun!  I'm going to take this B to Tayton and watch her get so mad!" As he breaks the news to her that her favorite B is in the washer and she'll have to use this other B.

I wish I could remember the rest. . . . I need to write them down because there are so many every day that Jon and I laugh at.  They never cease to amaze me. . . good and bad!

No comments: