Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Construction

Hallelujah! Construction on the basement is finally under way. The basement flooded on April 6th and we just started doing the repairs today. I can't believe it took that long to have the damaged stuff ripped out, let things dry, then for us to get quotes from contractors, decide on a contractor and determine all the extra things we wanted to have done. What a process. So now our basement is totally empty and everything is in the garage. I feel like a redneck now, living out of my garage and parking in the driveway or on the street. Sorry if I offend anyone. . . don't get me wrong, garages are a great place to store things, but I really like to park my cars there instead.

Anyway, as things progress and start looking better, I'll post pictures and show the progress. It should look brand new when we're all done. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

may it be quick and cheap :)