Monday, April 14, 2008

Decorating

Thanks to my dear mother shopping for an early birthday present for me while she was in town, I now have a kitchen and bathroom that look brand new. Well, close to brand new. I've been dieing for some new rugs for the kitchen since mine were falling apart and also for some new rugs, shower curtain, etc in my bathroom since they were also getting old and ratty. Mom and I had a wonderful time shopping our guts out at my favorite store, Bed Bath and Beyond. It was so much fun and I was so excited to get my new stuff up. Just take a look at how great things turned out. Jon also installed some blinds in the kitchen today. Now we can make breakfast in our undies without the neighbors seeing. :) Sorry, once again, the pictures don't do the rooms any justice. I just wish I would have taken pictures before we put the new stuff up. I still need to find some curtains to go in the bathroom now. Granted, the whole house still needs some remodeling, but until we have the money to redo the kitchen and bathroom cabinets and counter tops, it sure does feel nice to have new accessories to spruce up the place.

The nursery is still ripped apart for painting and redecorating, but it's really starting to feel like OUR home now, not just some place you move into. Jon and I had a discussion a while back in which he said how much he loved the house and I just shrugged. I couldn't express the same feelings. All I kept seeing in our house were all the things that needed to be painted and updated. Now that it has some of my very own personal touches to it, it's feeling like "ours" and I'm falling in love with it, even the little blemishes. I'm going to take a few more pictures later so you all can see what the rest of our house looks like.

1 comment:

Carlee Hoopes said...

The place looks great Tomi! I like the new things you got to spruce it up with!