Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How We Met

One of my very first roommates, Cheryl, was a wild and crazy woman. She spent a lot of time on the internet, meeting and chatting with people from all over the country. On occasion, she would find individuals in Salt Lake that she wanted to meet, so off she'd go to meet people she'd been introduced to on the internet. Well, I must have had a weak moment, because she somehow convinced me to put my profile on Yahoo. I posted a picture, my age, that I was "single and looking" in Salt Lake City. Almost three years later, I got my first e-mail from that profile.

Jonathan was surfing through Yahoo's profiles when he came across two profiles that he was interested in. . . mine and some other girl. He sent us both an off-line instant message. When I saw his message the next day, I checked out his profile. Cute guy, but he didn't look a day over 18 despite the fact that his profile said he was 32. The thing that interested me the most about him was the fact that his profile said he was a widower. That just touched my heart. I couldn't imagine being 32 years old and a widower. So, I dropped him a line just to say hi and to tell him that I was sorry to hear that his wife had passed away at such a young age. After that, we started e-mailing on a regular basis, talking on the phone, and eventually, we decided to meet.

We met each other for the first time on April 6, 2005 at Jim's Family Restaurant on 3300S and 900E., not far from my fist town home. We met there at around 6:00 p.m., had dinner and chatted until the waitress finally had to kick us out at about 10:30 p.m. I'd finally met a man that talked as much as I did. We talked about anything and everything, laid out all our baggage,
and had a great time. We've basically been inseparable ever since.

On September 9, 2005, Jon proposed to me and we were married on February 11, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple.


I now work for the Government at Hill Air Force Base as a Program Manager and Jon works as Conductor for Union Pacific Railroad. We're happy and things just couldn't be better.

No comments: